Software Engineer Job
- City: Dublin
- County: Dublin
- Ad Viewed: 1278 Times
Position Title: Server-Side Software Engineer
Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs by performing the following duties.
• Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify objectives.
• Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop solution and submits plan to user for approval.
• Designs, develops, and implements software solutions to accomplish goals of user request.
• Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
• Monitors performance of program after implementation.
• Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. Participation in an afterhours/weekend problem resolution on-call rotation schedule is required of this position. Rotation is for one week at a time on a rotating schedule and employee is required to be available by pager 24 hours per day, 7 days per week during this rotation. Employee may be required to physically come into the office if the problem cannot be resolved over the telephone or with remote support equipment.
• Four year (BS or BA) degree from an accredited college or university and 5+ years' experience as a software developer. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
*Knowledge and Experience with server side languages (Python, PHP, Nodejs)
*Well versed in both RDBs and NoSQL Design and Development (MySQL, Redis)
*Strong understanding and applicable experience with RESTful services and developing RESTful APIs
* You consider version control to be one of your best friends
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Required to be self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
• Basic understanding of Object Oriented programming.
• Proactive, energetic, strong sense of urgency, work well with others in a team oriented and fast paced environment, ability to adapt to change, and solid interpersonal skills.